Rebranding Done Right:
Truth in Medicine
South Nassau Communities Hospital is an independent hospital east of New York City, serving the South Shore of suburban Long Island. Their goal was to move beyond the image of a sleepy community hospital and compete with the large systems that dominate the area.
Lacking the resources of a large system, South Nassau fought for recognition in a highly competitive market. Many residents in the area weren’t familiar with the hospital, and those who were familiar thought of it simply as a general service community hospital.
Wax envisioned a dramatic campaign that would look nothing like traditional hospital advertising. Titled “Truth in Medicine,” unusual images on bright backgrounds brings consumers’ attention to thought-provoking health questions. The eye-catching campaign launched across a wide variety of platforms, all driving consumers to a custom microsite where they can learn more about different health topics from South Nassau’s experts.
Campaign elements included:
• Three unique TV spots running across all major New York cable providers
• Radio spots on top radio stations in the NY DMA
• Billboards/posters along regional transit lines
• Print ads in regional and local weekly papers
• Social media video ads on Facebook and YouTube
• Online radio on Pandora
• Geotargeted online display ads
• Email blasts