Joe Pulizzi of Junta 42 does a neat summary of 2010 content marketing realities here that he tapes to his office desk. Here’s a culled-down version that fits on a stickie note:
1. Content is more important than the offer.
5. Interruption isn’t valued, but engagement is.
18. Content without design doesn’t look appetizing (or deliver on marketing goals).
19. Lead generation is only one small part of the marketing picture.
and my personal favorite:
30. Customers want to be inspired. Be the inspiration!
That’s a fine way to start the new year. Ready, set, go!
— Gretchen Schmidt