Social media is everywhere, and you should be, too. Leveraging the power of social media can help your content – and your organization – go viral. But is your content equipped for it? Here’s a quick checklist to ensure your posts are ready for their closeup.
1. Make sharing buttons clearly visible. The less steps that somebody has to take to share your content, the better. To put it bluntly, consumers can be lazy. By adding convenient share buttons to your blog, video pages or other property, you’re making it easy for your posts to get more visibility.
2. Tighten up your meta tags. When you share content on social media, your meta tags determine what copy and image pop up for viewers. If you haven’t done your due diligence and tailored your tags, Facebook and other platforms – including search engines – will pull the headline or the first copy they see. That may or may not be a good thing.
3. Incorporate real people. Interviews and human interest pieces are inherently shareable. Your subjects will want to share your story with their followers, thereby increasing your reach. Make sure your healthcare marketing plan incorporates profiles and similar works to gain more traction.
4. Use lists. There’s a reason that you see lists everywhere – they work. People have short attention spans, so when they can look at nuggets of information instead of walls and walls of text, they’re going to choose the quicker option. Don’t over do it, though: Lists should be a small part of your content plan – not the only thing you produce.
5. See what’s hot in the news. If there’s an healthcare innovation making waves in the news, consider producing content around it. You can ride those waves and potentially go viral if what you produce gets in front of enough eyeballs. Just don’t invest too much time in content surrounding current news: It has a short shelf life.
Need help producing sharable content? Talk to the experts at Wax Custom Communications. Get in touch by calling 305-350-5700 or visiting waxcom.com.
Share this Post