Marketing channels come in a range of shapes and sizes, and you might feel like the proverbial kid in the candy store with so many options to choose from. Here’s how to apply scientific thinking to your choices and build a coherent, multi-channel ad campaign for your healthcare organization.
Ascertain the Audience
The typical healthcare institution or practice usually has several audience segments, which range from other providers to patients, suppliers and peripheral services. Before you start building your campaign, identify who you’re talking to and the type of messaging they respond to. You can glean insights from former campaign statistics, review feedback from patients and set up personas for the consumers you want to reach. The more narrowly you target your message, the higher your response rate will be.
Choose Channels Carefully
One of the misconceptions surrounding multichannel ad campaigns is that you need to be everywhere. What’s important is that you select the right mix of media and channels, rather than trying to have too many. It’s not all about digital marketing, either. An integrated approach can have a far greater reach than limiting your efforts to online advertising. Some criteria to help you decide include:
- Deliverability: This applies to the ratio of your total audience you can reach with a particular channel. Channels with a higher deliverability offer greater ROI.
- Message Length: The character limit of a message allowed on the channel and how it aligns with your campaign.
- Reachability: How often the channel is accessed by your target audience.
- Interactivity: Whether the channel offers one- or two-way communication methods.
- Retrievability: The option to store the message for post-interaction referencing.
- Cost: Operational costs attached to sending communications.
- Rich Media: The property of channel that allows the use of rich text/media.
Aim to choose channels that meet 60% of the criteria or more, to ensure you optimize your marketing dollars.
To plan and execute a successful multichannel campaign, you need data to make sure you deliver the right message to the right person at the right time and using the right channel. To achieve this, you need a 360-degree view of your consumer, which integrates a broad range of first-, second- and third-party data. This gives you a single version of the truth surrounding your target audience, which you can deploy across all the channels you’re using for the campaign to achieve real consistency and impact.
Ready to take your marketing to the next level? Call the experts at Wax Custom Communication at 305-350-5700 or contact us online.
Share this Post